Applications for exchange visas to take part in a programme administered or organised by a learning institution in South Africa in conjunction with a learning institution/organ of a foreign state.
SOME IMPORTANT POINTS
Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Please, bear in mind that failing to meet any of the following requirements will also render the application incomplete:
We strongly recommend that you pay careful attention to the Overview, Documents Required and Processing Time sections of your chosen visa category, before proceeding with your application.
Please be aware that all decisions regarding the issuance of, number of entries and duration of a visa are at the sole discretion of the embassy, and it is not guaranteed that the South Africa High Commission; New Delhi / Consulate General; Mumbai will grant your request.
Please be aware that applicants should be aware of the processing time for their chosen category of visa and apply accordingly. Please also note that all processing times are minimum as stated, and in some cases may take longer.
Visa Fee / VFS Logistic Charges can be accepted in Cash Only.
Documents issued in a Regional language must be officially translated to English.
In the case of a program me of cultural, economic or social exchange, organized or administered by an organ of state or a learning institution, in conjunction with a learning institution or a foreign state institution:
- Application for DHA-1738 completed in full with BLACK ink and signed by applicant
- A valid passport which expires in no less than 30 days after expiry of the intended date of departure (at least Two unused/blank visa pages)
- Two passport size coloured photographs (35X45mm)
- Original covering letter signed by the applicant (should clearly mention the purpose of visit)
- Proof of sufficient financial means in the form of recently bank certified statements for the last three months to the value of INR 13650 per month
- A medical report completed on prescribed form BI- 811 (Applicable in Delhi) Medical Report issued by registered medical practioner on letterhead with regard to applicant's general state of health. Report not older than 6 months at time of submission. (Applicable in Mumbai)
- A radiological report completed on prescribed form BI- 806 (Applicable in Delhi) Radiological Report issued by a registered radiologist on letterhead certifying that the applicant has been examined by him or her with regard to active pulmonary TB signs. Report not older than 6 months at time of submission. Not applicable to under 12 years and pregnant women. (Applicable in Mumbai)
- Marriage certificate or in the case of a foreign spousal relationship, proof of official recognition thereof issued by the authorities of the country concerned if available
- The affidavit where a spousal relationship to a South African citizen or resident is applicable, as well as documentation proving cohabitation and the extent to which the related financial responsibilities are shared by the parties and setting out the particulars of children in the spousal relationship
- Divorce decree, where applicable
- Court order granting full or specific parental responsibilities and rights, where applicable
- Death certificate, in respect of late spouse, where applicable
- Written consent from both parents and court order granting full parental responsibilities and rights parent, where applicable
- Proof of legal adoption where applicable
- Legal separation order, where applicable
- Police clearance certificates in respect of applicants 18 years and older, in respect of all countries where person resided one year or longer since having attained the age of 18 (PCC from Regional Passport Office)
- Proof of a valid return air ticket or written undertaking by the organ of state, learning institution or employer accepting responsibility for the return or deportation costs of the applicant, as the case may be
- Proof of medical cover for the duration of the exchange period with a medical scheme registered in terms of the Medical Schemes Act, 1998 (Act No 131 of 1998)
- A letter from the Department of Basic Education, or Higher Education and Training, or the learning institution in the Republic confirming that it is responsible for organizing or administering the existence of the program me, outlining the activities, terms and conditions and duration thereof; and accepting full responsibility for the student whilst he or she is in the South Africa
- A letter from the foreign state institution or learning institution of the foreign state confirming the particulars of the applicant, the applicant's enrolment with a learning institution abroad, and the date on which the program me
- Proof of a valid return air ticket or written undertaking by the organ of state, learning institution or employer accepting responsibility for the return or deportation costs of the applicant, as the may be
- Proof of medical cover for the duration of the exchange period with a medical scheme registered in terms of the Medical Schemes Act, 1998 (Act No. 131 of 1998)
- A letter from the organ of state or learning institution confirming the existence of the exchange program me; or A letter from the foreign institution confirming the enrolment of the applicant or the foreign state institution conducting the program me, as the case may be