Information Sheet for Applicants applying for
Registration as a Professional Engineer
Your application for registration as a Professional Engineer will be considered only if the following documents are submitted:
- Completed Application Form (AN1.1 & AN1.2).
- Certified copies of Qualifications.
- Certified copy of Identity Document/Passport.
- Completed Training/Experience Report (Forms AN2.1), one for each training/experience period, if applicable a completed Training/Experience Outline (Form AN2.2) which should in total not exceed 2 000 words, and a Summary of Training/Experience Reports (Form A2.3).
- Engineering Report (Forms AN3) which in total should not exceed 6000 words.
- Pre-registration CPD-type Activity Report (IPD) (Form AN4)
- Referee Reports, each duly completed on Form AN6.1 & AN6.2. If training under a Commitment and Undertaking (C&U), one referee report must be from the registered mentor for the C&U concerned.
Please note the following:
- The submitted information must be complete, on the prescribed forms and all questions must be answered.
- In completing all forms use type or print clearly in black ink to ensure clear copying.
- The supporting documents must be typed and must be marked clearly for purposes of identification.
- Application fee must accompany the Application. NB. See item 5 below.
- Do not bind the application documents together. A stapled application is preferred.
- Before submission of an application, ensure that the Referees are indeed willing to submit their Referee Reports.
· Your application for registration will be considered only when the referee reports have been received by the Council. If a referee report does not reach Council within a reasonable time, you will be notified accordingly. You will then be expected to get in touch with the referee on the matter.
- The registration process may take 6 (six) months or longer to complete and each applicant will be informed of the Council’s decision as soon as it becomes available.
- Information regarding the progress of any application will not be given telephonically.
Please note also that it is your responsibility to ensure that all reports reach Council’s offices timeously.
Please Find more details here https://www.ecsa.co.za/register/SitePages/StepByStepGuide.aspx